Appling Nursing and Rehabilitation Pavilion updated visiting guidelines have been established to ensure the health and safety of both residents and staff. As previously stated, decisions regarding COVID-19 are made in consultation with Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services(CMS), Georgia Department of Public Health (DPH) and The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Updated Pavilion Visiting Guidelines
- Outdoor, window and virtual visits are the recommended method due to low risk for transmission of infection.
- Indoor visits may be allowed during a facility outbreak if transmission is contained to a single area of the facility.
- Indoor visits:
- Vaccinated residents may have private in-room visits with up to two people at a time and are permitted close contact.
- Unvaccinated residents may have supervised visits in a designated location only.
- Anyone participating in visits whether indoor, outdoor or via an open window is required to follow infection control guidelines (i.e. wearing of mask/face covering, hand hygiene, maintain social distancing).
- Compassionate care and End of Life visits are allowed at any time and is determined on a case by case basis. Infection control protocols remain in place for this type of visit also.
- Signing a resident out on leave of absence (LOA) is HIGHLY DISCOURAGED during a facility outbreak due to increased risk for infection, however, the facility cannot prevent a resident from leaving.
- Any resident going out on an extended leave of absence (?24 hours) during outbreak status will be required to be quarantined for 14 days upon return regardless of vaccination status.
- Residents who are unwilling/unable to follow established infection control guidance upon return, may be discharged from the facility permanently.
- Salon services are not allowed during a facility outbreak.
- Communal dining and group activities are generally prohibited during a facility outbreak.
If you have any questions regarding Appling Nursing and Rehabilitation Pavilion, please feel free to message Appling Healthcare on Facebook, email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (912)367-9841.
If your loved one is not vaccinated, but you would like for them to receive the vaccine, please call Jordan Tomberlin (912)367-9841 ext. 2401.
For more information regarding nursing home visits, click the links below: