Latest Information on Restrictions and COVID-19 Tests
Appling Healthcare has not received any positive COVID-19 test results; however, multiple test results are pending. The Georgia Department of Public Health and Appling Healthcare will update the community with any confirmed cases.
Effective immediately, Appling Healthcare announces the following procedural changes are in place until further notice.
- All patient visits to Appling Healthcare’s main hospital are suspended except one parent or caregiver for patients under the age of 18.
- All staff within the main hospital, nursing home, and physician clinics are being screened daily.
- All patients must have an order from a physician or provider for all outpatient services, unless seeking emergency care.
- Appling Healthcare’s physician clinics are requiring all patients to call prior to their visits, as they currently are not accepting any walk-ins. Patients under the age of 18 must be accompanied by one adult only.
In addition, Appling Nursing and Rehabilitation Pavilion officials are continuing stringent measures to protect nursing home residents:
- Communal dining and activities have been discontinued with the exception of in-room activities and small groups in less than 10 for activities per the recommendations of the CDC.
- In an effort to allow for early detection of illness, the nursing home is performing routine respiratory and temperature screenings on residents.
- Residents are continuously being updated with news and any changes, individually or in small group town hall meetings.
As a reminder, the following measures continue to be in place:
- All patients should use the Outpatient/Emergency Entrance. When entering the hospital, please go directly to admissions to begin the required screening. This brief process consists of a quick screening for possible coronavirus symptoms along with questions about their recent travel history and any interactions with individuals diagnosed with COVID-19.
- No visitors are allowed in the Emergency Room, hospital, or nursing home.
These decisions are based on Appling Healthcare’s focus on the safety and well-being of patients, staff and community, as the coronavirus is rapidly spreading. All restrictions and procedural changes are temporary, but may change as Appling Healthcare continues to monitor the coronavirus. Updates will be provided as soon as they become available.
Appling Healthcare is continuing to closely monitor COVID-19 in partnership with local and state health agencies and the Centers for Disease Control.
Hospital officials continue to ask that patients contact their primary care physician or the State of Georgia COVID-19 Hotline at (844)442-2681 if they feel sick or are experiencing any of the following symptoms: fever, cough, or shortness of breath. However, if you are experiencing an emergency medical condition of any kind, you should still go to the emergency room as soon as possible or call 911.
For the latest information regarding COVID-19 (coronavirus) including tips on protecting yourself and others, visit www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/index.html.