Give Where You Live!
Appling Healthcare has partnered with Georgia HEART Hospital Program to help improve the health care in our community through Georgia’s rural hospital tax credit. This is a great way to keep your tax dollars local, while allowing us to provide the best health care for our community!
Support Appling Healthcare and help improve health care in our community by redirecting your tax dollars through the Georgia HEART program!
What is the Georgia HEART rural hospital organization (“RHO”) expense tax credit?
- The Georgia General Assembly passed legislation that enables Georgia taxpayers receive a state income tax CREDIT for 100% of the amount they contribute to qualified rural hospital organizations (up to the limits set forth below).
- There is a cap of $60 million in available tax credits per year under the program.
How much can I contribute for a tax credit?
- If you pay Georgia income taxes, you are eligible to receive a tax credit for contributing to Appling Healthcare from January 1 through June 30 of each taxable year, as follows:
- Individual Filer – 100% of the amount contributed, up to a limit of $5,000
- Married Filing Jointly – 100% of the amount contributed, up to a limit of $10,000
- Pass-Through Entity – 100% of the amount contributed, up to a limit of $10,000, so long as they would have paid Georgia income tax in that amount on their share of taxable income from the pass-through entity
- C-Corporation or Trust – 100% of the amount contributed or 75% of your Georgia income tax liability, whichever is less
- On July 1, if any of the $60 million cap remains available, the above limits for individual and married filing joint taxpayers are waived.
How do I sign up to contribute?
- Complete and submit your 2019 HEART Tax Credit application at www.georgiaheart.org
- HEART submits your application to the Georgia Department of Revenue (DOR)
- HEART and DOR notify you of approved tax credit amount and payment deadline
- Send a check made payable to Appling Healthcare to HEART for deposit to our account within 180 days of approval, or 12/31/19, whichever comes first
- HEART sends you Form IT-QRHOE-RHO1 (tax receipt) for claiming the credit on your 2019 Georgia income tax return
Your contribution will increase our hospital funding and our ability to provide for the health care of individuals in our community! For information about the rural hospital organization expense tax credit, please visit the Georgia HEART website at www.georgiaheart.org or contact our Public Relations Specialist, Barbara Hardee at (912)367-9841 ext. 3426 or email@example.com