One additional COVID-19 case reported among employees
Effective immediately, Appling Healthcare is allowing visitors to the nursing home, hospital, Emergency Department and Senior Care Unit, but only under strict guidelines.
COVID-19-infected or COVID-19-suspected patients will NOT be allowed any visitors except under exceptional circumstances and under the direction/order of the primary care physician.
All visitors are required to check in at the hospital front desk to be screened for COVID-19 symptoms. If visitors exhibit symptoms, they will be denied entry. Masks MUST be worn at all times within the building. Visitors are not permitted to congregate in public areas such as lobbies, waiting areas, or the cafeteria.
ADULT INPATIENT UNIT VISITATION:
- One healthy adult visitor (age 18+) will be permitted to visit a non-COVID patient unless a doctor’s order is provided.
- Visiting hours are from 10:00 a.m. to noon and 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. daily, with no exceptions.
- Visits may be limited due to the patient’s condition and at the discretion of the charge nurse or nurse manager.
- Visits to our Senior Care Unit are scheduled through the unit’s Social Services office at (912)367-9841, ext. 1404.
PAVILION NURSING HOME
- Visits are by appointment only and must be scheduled through Shawana Bennett, Social Services, at (912)367-9841 ext. 2408 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Visits will be limited to 30 minutes with two visitors at a time, at a designated visiting area.
- Visits will be scheduled several times a week.
- Visitors will be screened prior to entering the nursing home.
- Visitors will be required to sanitize their hands upon entry.
- All visitors and residents are required to wear masks during the entire visit.
- Visitors are required to maintain at least six feet of distance from the resident.
- Visitors are not allowed to touch residents at this time.
- Visitors are asked to be prompt, arriving five minutes prior to the scheduled visiting time so they can be screened. Visits will be 30 minutes only, with no exceptions.
- Care packages are welcome. However, food must be in original packaging and must be sanitized.
EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT VISITATION:
- One adult visitor may accompany a patient in the Emergency Department. However, no visitors will be allowed to accompany a COVID-19-suspected or COVID-19 infected patient.
- Visitors will not be allowed to wait in the ED waiting room while the patient is undergoing evaluation. Visitors may wait in their vehicle or outside the building.
- One healthy parent or caregiver permitted for patients under the age of 18.
- One healthy required medical decision-maker permitted with adult patients.
COMPASSIONATE CARE EXCEPTIONS:
- Compassionate-care exceptions may be made on a case-by-case basis with approval from the Unit Nurse Manager or the Primary Care Physician. Exceptions will be granted for extenuating circumstances, such as end-of-life care.
OUTPATIENT/CLINIC SURGICAL PROCEDURES:
Patients who are being seen in a clinic are not permitted visitors except for the following:
- One healthy parent or caregiver for patients under the age of 18.
- One healthy required medical decision-maker with adult patients.
- One healthy caregiver for patients who are unable to walk or move about without assistance.
These decisions are based on Appling Healthcare’s focus on the safety and well-being of patients, staff and community. All restrictions and procedural changes are temporary, but may change as Appling Healthcare continues to monitor the coronavirus.
Appling Nursing and Rehabilitation Pavilion reports no additional cases of COVID-19 among residents and no additional COVID-19 related deaths.
Among employees, the nursing home reports no additional cases of COVID-19 with no test results pending.
Nursing home employees are tested twice a week, due to updated federal regulations. These regulations are based on the number of cases in the county. As a reminder, residents will be tested if they become symptomatic.
Additionally, Appling Healthcare reports one additional case of COVID-19 among hospital employees, with no test results pending.
If you have questions or concerns, feel free to message us on Facebook. Your message will be immediately routed to the nursing home administrator. Another option is to send an email to email@example.com. Your email will automatically go to all of the nursing home administration team as well as hospital staff, so you should receive a response fairly soon.
If you do prefer to call the hospital or the nursing home, please understand that employees are focusing on hands-on patient care. You should, however, receive a call back within 24 hours. Call the main hospital phone number, (912)367-9841, and then reach the administration team through their direct extensions:
Appling Healthcare Administration Office, ext. 1201
Kim Jowers, Pavilion Nursing Home Administrator, ext. 2402
Melina Edmund, Pavilion Director of Nursing, ext. 2410
Candi Lewis, Pavilion Certified Resident Assessment Coordinator, ext. 1223
Tina Clements, Pavilion Infection Preventionist/Quality Assessment Director, ext. 2405
Shawna Bennett, Pavilion Social Services, ext. 2408
Sheila Baxley, Senior Care Unit Social Services, ext. 1404