Appling Healthcare reports two positive cases of COVID-19 among residents at the Appling Nursing and Rehabilitation Pavilion. The hospital reports no additional COVID-19 related deaths.
Additionally, the nursing home reports two additional cases of COVID-19 among employees. No test results are pending on additional nursing home employees.
Appling Healthcare reports one additional case of COVID-19 among hospital employees and no test results are pending on additional hospital employees.
During outbreak testing (a new onset positive case of COVID-19 in a resident or employee), all residents are tested every 3 to 7 days until every resident test negative twice consecutively.
Nursing home employees are being tested at a minimum of once a week.
For the protection of all individuals in the facility, the affected residents are in strict isolation and treated by dedicated staff members wearing full Personal Protective Equipment. All other residents in these halls are required to stay in their rooms unless they are receiving medical treatment or there is a medical emergency. Quarantine will remain in effect for these halls until at least 14 days without a positive case.
Indoor visitation is restricted at this time. However, outdoor visits will continue to be scheduled for residents who test negative or are asymptomatic. Window visits and virtual visits are strongly encouraged. Updated visiting guidelines are as follows:
- Visits are by appointment only and must be scheduled through Shawana Bennett, Social Services, at (912)367-9841 ext. 2408 or by email at email@example.com.
- Visits will be limited to 30 minutes with two visitors at a time, at an outdoor designated visiting area.
- Visitors will be screened prior to visiting with their loved ones.
- All visitors and residents are required to wear masks during the entire visit.
- Visitors are required to maintain at least six feet of distance from the resident.
- Visitors are not allowed to touch residents at this time.
- Visitors are asked to be prompt, arriving five minutes prior to the scheduled visiting time so they can be screened. Visits will be 30 minutes only, with no exceptions.
- Care packages are welcome. However, food must be in original packaging and must be sanitized.
If you have questions or concerns, feel free to message us on Facebook. Your message will be immediately routed to the nursing home administrator. Another option is to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your email will automatically go to all of the nursing home administration team as well as hospital staff, so you should receive a response fairly soon.
If you do prefer to call the hospital or the nursing home, please understand that employees are focusing on hands-on patient care. You should, however, receive a call back within 24 hours. Call the main hospital phone number, (912)367-9841, and then reach the administration team through their direct extensions:
Appling Healthcare Administration Office, ext. 1201
Kim Jowers, Pavilion Nursing Home Administrator, ext. 2402
Melina Edmund, Pavilion Director of Nursing, ext. 2410
Candi Lewis, Pavilion Certified Resident Assessment Coordinator, ext. 1223
Tina Clements, Pavilion Infection Preventionist/Quality Assessment Director, ext. 2405
Shawna Bennett, Pavilion Social Services, ext. 2408
Sheila Baxley, Senior Care Unit Social Services, ext. 1404