Effectively immediately, Appling Nursing and Rehabilitation Pavilion guidelines have updated visiting due to the increased COVID-19 positivity rate in Appling County. This update has been established to ensure the health and safety of both residents and staff. Decisions regarding COVID-19 are made in consultation with Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services(CMS).
Updated Pavilion Guidelines
- Visits are limited to one (1) visitor per resident per day until further notice. Decreased traffic from outside sources will reduce chances of exposure.
- All visitors are required to wear masks during the entire visit.
- Visitors must remain in their loved one’s room, they cannot visit other residents or common areas, such as the dining room or activity room.
- Visitors must continue to be screened prior to entering the nursing home.
- Visitors must continue to sanitize their hands upon entry.
Appling Nursing and Rehabilitation Pavilion reports no confirmed nor suspected cases of COVID-19 among residents or nursing home employees since fall of 2020.
Based on the current positivity rate, nursing home staff will be tested on a weekly basis. Nursing home residents are screened daily for signs and symptoms and will be tested based on screenings, confirmed exposure, or positive staff members. Appling Healthcare and the Appling Nursing and Rehabilitation Pavilion will continue to monitor the CMS data weekly and will provide updates as they occur. If you have questions or concerns about any issue regarding the Appling Nursing and Rehabilitation Pavilion, call (912)367-9841 ext. 2402 or 2410.