Anxiety, depression and other mental health issues don’t have to be a part of aging. These issues can be addressed and managed with the proper treatment and should be as much of a priority as an older adult’s physical health concerns. Appling Healthcare’s Senior Life Solutions program in Baxley helps seniors cope with day-to-day living and the emotional issues that can occur at their age: grieving the loss of a loved one, feeling alone, losing their independence, new health concerns, a change in their living situation, and financial concerns.
At Senior Life Solutions, we understand and are here to help. Our primary focus is equipping our clients with the tools and resources that can lead to an improved lifestyle and better overall health.
All information and treatment is confidential.
Consider if one or more of the following apply:
- Depressed moods
- Unresolved grief
- Feelings of isolation or loneliness
- Difficulty coping with health or physical challenges
- Sleep or appetite changes
- Difficulty concentrating
- Feelings of hopelessness or helplessness
- Low self-esteem
- Personality changes
Our Treatment Team
Sometimes a helping hand from experienced professionals is all our clients need to get their lives back on track. The proper guidance and regular attention of our team can lead to an improved lifestyle as well as better overall health. Our professionals genuinely care about their clients and work to understand their specific needs in designing a holistic treatment plan.
Our team approach is multi-disciplinary to ensure the best quality patient care possible for those who trust us with their behavioral health needs. The team includes a psychiatrist, mental health therapist (LMSW), and a registered nurse. Senior Life Solutions staff work collaboratively with the client’s healthcare providers and family members to ensure the best possible long-term outcomes.
About Our Program
The Senior Life Solutions program consists of 90 days of structured, comprehensive treatment, with additional services thereafter subject to the client’s progress and individual needs. About the program:
- Clients begin by attending 2 to 4 days each week, then progress to fewer days as graduation nears.
- Sessions are from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Mondays through Thursdays, with two 15-minute breaks and a 30-minute lunch break (lunch is provided).
- The first half hour of each program day consists of individual nursing assessments by Sherry Grady, RN, as well as individual mental health therapy sessions with Maria Sumner, LMSW.
- Each group may consist of up to 12 participants in a group setting. These group discussions foster true healing and, according to our staff, this is when the “magic” happens.
In this compassionate and supportive setting, participants are among their peers who are dealing with similar issues. They begin to talk more, share experiences and even make new friends.
During the group, the mental health therapist (Maria Sumner, LMSW) covers a wide range of topics to include grief, low self-esteem, coping skills, anger management, codependency, relaxation, gratitude, and happiness. In the final portion of each group session, our Registered Nurse (Sherry Grady, RN) discusses a variety of healthcare topics including blood pressure, diabetes, and common illnesses, as well as topics requested by our clients.
Referrals are not required. Our clients can refer themselves or a family member can make the referral. The program is covered by Medicare, Medicaid and some private insurers.
Call (912)367-3942 for more information on registering for the program. The program sessions are held at the main Appling hospital facility, 163 E. Tollison St. in Baxley.