When You Need More Time to Heal
After hospitalization or surgery, some patients might require additional care. Appling Healthcare’s Swing Bed Program allows participants to receive continued post-acute care with the benefit of rehabilitation therapies. The program is designed to allow patients to heal properly and get their strength back before returning home and resuming everyday activities.
Services You Can Expect
- 24-Hour Nursing Care
- Physical/Occupational/Speech Therapy
- Individualized Plan of Care
- On-Site Diagnostic Testing
- Caregiver Family Education
- Safe Return to Home Planning
- In-House Pharmacy
- Dietitian/Dietary Services
- Home Health/Outpatient Care Referrals
Outcome Focused Care / Patient Centered Goals
As a participant of Appling Healthcare’s Swing Bed Program you will receive Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy consults. These initial visits will determine which services you would benefit from to achieve optimal recovery for a safe return home.
Our team of highly trained therapists will work with you and/or your family to determine therapy goals that are important to you and ultimately result in the highest level of independence possible prior to your discharge home.
Our therapists specialize in:
- Frequent Falls/Balance Disorders
- Self-Care Retraining
- Pain Management
- Cognition/Memory Care
- Safe Swallow/Diet Modifications
- Strength/Endurance Retraining
- Patient/Caregiver Education